Recall a mail-in Outlook
It may happen that you are writing a mail to your friend, or colleagues and mistakenly you send it before you got a chance to complete it. Or you send an email in Microsoft Outlook and then you realize for some reason or the other that it the mail has a mistake and it should not have been sent at all.
Regardless of the fact, if you are using Microsoft Outlook you should consider using the in-built solution of the software. The recall feature of MS outlook comes in handy in such a situation.
The faster you can spot the mistake and request the recall, the better it works. You can also send a replacement message with accurate information.
There are some requirements for the recall feature to work properly.
- To delete a recalled message, both the sender and the recipient must have a Microsoft Exchange email account or Microsoft 365 Business Account i.e. the Exchange System on the backend should match.
- The message must have been delivered to the receiver’s email server, the message must not have been read yet.
The recall feature will work even if you fail to recall a message before it has been read. In that case, the receiver gets a follow-up message indicating that you want to recall the message.
This informs them the initial mail is incorrect or invalid.
Follow these step-by-step instructions to recall a mail
- Open the Sent items folder & look for the mail that you want to recall.
- Double click the mail that you want to recall.
- Navigate to the “Actions” menu and select “Recall this message” from the drop-down list.
- Decide whether you want to delete the message or replace the message with the corrected one.
- Click the box to receive further notification.
- Click on Ok.