Home Page and Homepage button
As you click on the Google Chrome Icon or a tab is opened or reloaded, a default page is served to the user. This default page is known as the Home Page or Start Page. This differs from the start page that gets displayed as Google Chrome is first launched.
By clicking on the home button, you can navigate to the home page. This button is known as the Homepage button. By default, it is hidden on Chrome.
In order to change the Home Page in Google Chrome follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu button. This button is located in the extreme right corner of the window and is marked with three dots.
- Then click on the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- In the Search (Settings) box at the top of the screen, type “Home”.
- Under the “show home button” enable the Home button by sliding down.
- Select Enter Custom Web Address and type a URL into the text box. This will open your preferred web page as you press home button.
- Now you can continue using Google Chrome normally, as the changes are saved automatically.
As Google Chrome is opened for the first time, a page is served to the user. Adding new tabs will not open the Setup Page.
To change the page in the Google Chrome browser follow the step-by-step instructions given below:
- First, open the Google Chrome Settings menu.
- In the Search Settings field, type “Startup”
- Select “Open a specific page or a set of pages” option.
- Then select “Add a new page”.
- Enter the URL of the page you want to appear as Google Chrome opens and select Add.
If you want you can add additional web pages too.